Subscribe to our new channel for the latest updates.
The effects of Covid-19 can still be felt in August as the latest Google search trends reveals that many Malaysians were looking for ways to generate income.
Based on the top searched questions in that month, there is a trend among Malaysians who are either looking to make ends meet, or trying to get back on their feet financially.
The stats from Google also revealed that for last month, Malaysians were eager to know more about Penjana’s RM50 e-wallet.
It was announced by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin as one of the measures to reduce the financial strain on Malaysians.
Sitting on top of the 10 list of most searched terms on Google search for August was about Maal Hijrah to welcome the turn of the Islamic new year, for prayers and well wishes to celebrate the occasion.
Coming in at second was the OnePlus Nord from the company that makes phones that punch way above their weight, OnePlus.
Meanwhile, the explosion in Beirut occupies the third spot as Malaysians wanted to know more about the tragedy that happened in Lebanon.
Below is the top 10 list:
- Doa Akhir Tahun / Doa Awal Tahun / Salam Maal Hijrah
- OnePlus Nord Offline Sale Malaysia / OnePlus Nord Unboxing / OnePlus Nord Launch Event Malaysia
- Beirut Explosion / Lebanon Explosion / Letupan di Beirut
- Realme C12 Specs
- Barcelona vs Bayern / Sevilla vs Man United / Man City vs Real Madrid / Lyon vs Bayern
- 7 Hari Mencintaiku 2 / iQIYI 7 hari mencintaimu
- Man United vs Copenhagen
- Cha Cha Slide
- Liverpool vs VfB Stuttgart
- Vinayagar Chaturthi