Dell announced that its popular series of laptops are going environmental and lays out all the recycled and renewable materials that it would use in making them.
Here’s the breakdown of what the future of the Latitude 5000 series laptops is made of, according to Dell.
- The laptop lid is made from 71% recyclable and renewable materials.
- Upcycled tree-based bioplastic (21%).
- Reclaimed carbon fibre (20%).
- Post-consumer recycled plastic (30%).
- The base of the system.
- Reclaimed carbon fibre (20%)
- New bio-based rubber feet made from castor bean oil (39%).
- Ocean-bound plastics in the fan housing (28%).
- 100% recycled or renewable materials.
- 100% recyclable.
Some ocean-bound plastics can also be found in the fan housing in selected Precision 3000 series mobile workstations and the fan and fan housing of selected Dell OptiPlex Micro desktops and Precision Workstations.
Dell is also making its EcoLoop Pro series of backpacks, sleeves, and briefcases with 100% ocean-bound plastic in the exterior main fabric.
Some bio-based rubber derived from castor beans can also be found in the bottom bumpers of the Latitude 7430 and 7530 and Precision 3000 series Mobile Workstations.