Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. yesterday showcased its 2022 line-up of Neo QLED 8K, Soundbars, Accessories and Sustainability initiatives at its virtual Unbox & Discover event.
This year’s products attempt to redefine the role of television with design and screens do more than just entertainment.
We are focused on creating a seamless experience across all of our products, which allows consumers to effortlessly enjoy all their benefits. The 2022 Neo QLED 8K is designed to fulfil the needs and empower the passion of our consumers, and the innovations are sparked by their experiences.
Neo QLED 8K also has the power to unlock new experiences as the most important device at the centre of the home.Jong-Hee (JH) Han, Vice Chairman, CEO and Head of Samsung Electronics’ DX (Device eXperience) Division.
A Better Brain
At the heart of the 2022 Neo QLED 8K TV is the Neural Quantum Processor 8K and its Real Depth Enhancer.
The technology scans the screen and maximises contrast by enhancing the object while keeping the background unprocessed and takes advantage of the Quantum Mini LED’s precise Shape Adaptive Light Control.
According to Samsung, it works similarly to the way human eyes perceive images in real life.
Samsung’s new 2022 QLED has also received the world’s first ‘Pantone Validated’ certification in display from Pantone – the global authority on colour and creator of the Pantone Matching System (PMS).
It is able to reproduce more than 2,000 colours as well as the new 110 skin tone shades found in Pantone’s guidelines.
It also has EyeComfort Mode and can automatically adjust the display brightness and colour temperature based on its surroundings and time of day.
Dolby Atmos Sound with Smart Features
The Neural Quantum Processor 8K’s AI analyses what’s on screen and the Adaptive Sound track and moves between speakers to match the movement on screen.
On the QN900B – the flagship Neo QLED 8K model – all the sounds come from a 90W 6.2.4 channel audio system with new top channel speakers and Dolby Atmos with Object Tracking Sound Pro.
This technology has also been applied to voice recognition with Voice Tracking Sound.
Samsung is also introducing Wireless Dolby Atmos to its Neo QLED 4K and 8K TVs, and Samsung’s new 2022 Ultra Slim Soundbar.
What else is New?
- New Smart Hub Powered By Tizen: The new tab classifies features, settings, and content into three categories: Media, Gaming Hub, and Ambient.
- Media: Organises users’ entertainment options and learns users’ preferences to make recommendations.
- Gaming Hub: A game streaming discovery platform with no downloads required. Samsung also announced partnerships with leading game streaming services – NVIDIA GeForce NOW, Stadia, and Utomik, with more to come – to bring their libraries of games to the Gaming Hub. The new platform will be available later this year on select 2022 Samsung Smart TV models.
- Ambient: The Ambient screen enhances the home’s aesthetic, whether that means synchronizing the screen’s display with its surrounding décor or making a bold statement with eye-catching art.
- Gaming Experience: These are gaming centric features such as four HDMI 2.1 supporting ports, Motion Xcelerator Turbo Pro 4K 144Hz gaming, Super Ultrawide GameView, and Game Bar. Samsung is also introducing an exclusive TV line-up for gaming in 43 and 50 inches in the near future.
- Samsung Health: Offers a wide variety of workout and wellness classes and ways to track your progress and routines. It also syncs with other devices such as Galaxy Watch4 Series to track progress.
- SmartThings: The screen becomes the central hub to control other home devices.
- NFT Platform: In partnership with Nifty Gateway, ambient mode will offer consumers a one-stop NFT platform to explore and display NFT digital arts on 2022 Neo QLED and QLEDs.
Environmental friendly Features
- Eco-Packaging: With 90% less ink and no staples
- SolarCell Remote: The SolarCell remote is 88% more efficient than the previous 2020 models, is battery-free and can be charged through 2.4GHz Radio Frequency Harvesting.
- Recycled Materials: Samsung’s 2022 TVs, monitors, digital signage, and remote controls use recycled resin. Notably, high-resolution monitors use recycled resin from ocean-bound plastic recovered in coastal areas that would otherwise have become marine hazardous waste.
- The Carbon Trust certification: Samsung’s Neo QLED 8K/4K has achieved the ‘Reducing CO2’ label from the Carbon Trust.
- Slim Fit Wall Mount: It allows the TV to lie flush against the wall while offering swivel.
- Studio Stand: Offers a unique way to display the Neo QLED 8K.
- Auto Rotation: Brings mobile experiences to the big screen, portrait art to the full screen, and MultiView experiences to new layouts.