Samsung Electronics is continuing their “Screens Everywhere, Screens For All” vision with the reveal of their line of MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs at CES 2022.
best-in-class for picture quality: micro led tv
Samsung claims their MICRO LED TVs are best-in-class for picture quality thanks to its 25 million micrometer sized LEDs that can produce colour depth and vibrance with enhance clarity and contrasts.
The MICRO LED TVs will be available in three different sizes: 89in, 101in, and 110in.
These panels also support 20-bit greyscale depths for more detail and control with over 1 million steps of brightness and colour levels for delivering HDR content.
It is capable of producing 100% DCI and Adobe RGB colour gamut, and has a 99.99% screen to body ratio.
Other customisation features includes:
- Art Mode – which turns the TV into an a digital art frame and it comes with two exclusive pieces from artist and designer Refik Anadol.
- Multi View – users can view content from four different sources in 4K up to 120fps.
- Dolby Atmos – for a sound stage that delivers an immersive experience through the TV’s top, side and bottom channel speakers.
A Step Forward: 2022 Neo QLED
2022’s Neo Quantum Processor introduces advanced contrast mapping with BLU (back-light unit), increasing the brightness level from 12 to 14-bit gradation for greater control of the light source – the Quantum Mini LEDs.
This allows the TV to control its lighting across 16,384 steps, quadrupled from the previous 4,096 steps.
The new Shape Adaptive Light technology leverages the Neo Quantum Processor to analyze lines, shapes and surfaces to control the shape of light from the Quantum Mini LEDs, enhancing the brightness and accuracy of all shapes on the screen.
Additionally, Samsung’s 2022 Neo QLED features EyeComfort mode, which automatically adjusts the screen’s brightness and tone based on a built-in light sensor and sunset/sunrise information.
As the ambient light changes, the screen will gradually reduce the amount of light and offer warmer tones, adjusting the blue light levels accordingly.
Neo QLED’s sound features are getting a major upgrade as well. Building on OTS (Object Tracking Sound), which directs the sound to move across the room along with the object on-screen, the 2022 products will feature OTS Pro, which incorporates powerful up-firing speakers to create overhead surround sound.
2022 Neo QLED also delivers the Dolby Atmos experience thanks to the addition of Samsung’s new top channel speakers.
When Art meets technology: Lifestyle screen
Samsung’s 2022 Lifestyle screens blends design and technology.
A new Matte Display with anti-glare, anti-reflection and anti-fingerprint properties has been applied to The Frame, The Sero, and The Serif.
- The Frame offers a realistic art viewing experience thanks to the anti-glare, low-reflection panel technology. Frame comes in sizes ranging from 32in to 85in.
- The Serif also comes with a matte finish body to blend with the Matte Display. The Serif is now offered in sizes ranging from 43” to 65”.
- The Sero offers an optimised watching experience with its new Matte Display in both vertical and horizontal modes. The new vertical Multi View allowing users to simultaneously view different content on the top and bottom of the screen.
The 2022 models also come with expanded accessories. The Auto Rotating Wall Mount and Stand allows users to automatically rotating their screens.
To complement the accessory, the 2022 products will support a vertical interface, including the Smart Hub, and offer a vertical Multi View feature.
It will offer apps such as YouTube and TikTok as well as mirroring and casting in vertical mode.
Lastly, lifestyle features such as Ambient Mode+ and Art Mode are also available in vertical mode.
The new rotation key on the remote control lets users rotate the screen with a click of a button.
Additionally, with expanded bezel options for The Frame and full motion slim-fit wall mounts for all TVs.
A new user experience: new smart hub
Samsung’s 2022 Smart TVs come with a new Smart Hub that puts content curation and discovery front and center with their viewing preferences.
The Smart Hub’s sidebar also allows transition between categories – Media, Game (Gaming Hub), and Ambient.
- Gaming Hub: The Samsung Gaming Hub will allow players to discover and jump into the games faster through game streaming services. Players will have access to an extensive library of games through Samsung’s partnerships with NVIDIA GeForce Now, Stadia, and Utomik.
- Watch Together: The new app allows users to video chat with friends and family while watching their favorite shows and movies.
- NFT Platform: This application lets users discover, purchase, and trade digital artwork through MICRO LED, Neo QLED, and The Frame.
- Smart Calibration: This feature allows users to fine tune the settings for picture quality. Basic mode features a quick and easy way of calibrating the screens, while Professional mode optimises the screens and picture quality in about 10 minutes.
Breaking the sound barrier: Sound bars
The 2022 soundbar lineup gets a technology upgrades.
Q Symphony, allows Samsung’s Neo QLEDs and soundbars to work together, has been improved with added synchrony.
This enables the soundbar and TV speakers to work together with all the speakers on the TVs, including the top channel speakers.
Samsung’s 2022 soundbars also come with Wireless Dolby Atmos connectivity, 3 a wireless Smart TV-to-soundbar connection in which both the screen and soundbar speakers deliver an incredible audio experience with no distracting cables.
Additionally, the new HW-S800B Ultra Slim Soundbar resets the standard in the slim soundbar category, delivering bass in a compact form by integrating passive radiator technology with its subwoofer.
With true top-firing speaker channels, the new ultra-slim soundbar is just 1.6in in depth.