Intel announced what it claims to be the world’s fastest mobile processor at CES 2022. The new 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processor is touted to be 40% faster and comes in 28 variants.
Mobile As IN Tablets, Laptops, & Alike
The flagship Core i9-12900HK Intel mobile processor is dubbed by its makers as the world’s best gaming platform and fastest mobile processor.
Intel improved the single and multi-thread performance in the Core i9-12900HK by pairing the Performance-cores (P-cores) and Efficient-cores (E-cores) with intelligent workload prioritisation and management distribution through Intel’s Thread Director.
Based on the Intel 7 process, new 12th Gen H-series processors offer:
- Up to 5 GHz frequencies, 14 cores (6 P-cores and 8 E-cores) and 20 threads.
- Up to 28% faster gaming performance.
- Supports DDR5,LPDDR5, DDR4 and LPDDR4 modules up to 4800 MT/s.
- Nearly three times faster connectivity on exclusive high-speed channels.
- Integrated WiFi 6E (Gig+).
- Thunderbolt 4 support up to 40Gbps transfer speed and multiple 4K monitor output.
Intel says the 12th Gen mobile processor will be available starting February 2022.
The 12th Gen Intel Core mobile family also includes U- and P-series mobile processors. Both has up to 14 cores and 20 threads with integrated Intel Iris X graphics.
The P-series operates at 28W base power and is designed for performance thin-and-light laptops.
The U-series on the other hand will operate at 9 to 15W and is designed for thin and light laptops.
These 12th Gen Intel Core U- and P-series mobile processors will be available in the first quarter of 2022, including devices designed for both Windows and Chrome operating systems.