Samsung Electronics started today with a surprise by announcing their latest addition to the Galaxy S21 series.
The S21 FE 5G, which is expected to launch in Malaysia tomorrow evening, is the highly anticipated and more affordable variant of the S21 5G.
With a suggested retail price of RM2,899 and RM3,099 for the 128GB and 256GB (storage) variants respectively, the price tag on the S21 FE 5G is at least RM100 smaller.
Here’s what the S21 FE 5G has compared to the S21 5G:
- Four new colours.
- A bigger display.
- 6.4in vs 6.2in.
- A slightly bigger build.
- 74.5×155.7×7.9mm vs 71.2×151.7×7.9mm.
- A slightly heavier phone.
- 1.77g vs 171g
- No ultrasonic fingerprint reader.
- Fixed refresh rate display.
- 60Hz/120Hz vs 48~120Hz variable refresh rate.
- A higher resolution selfie camera.
- 32MP vs 10MP.
- A lower resolution telephoto camera.
- 8MP vs 64mp.
- A bigger battery.
- 4500mAh (79 hours) vs 4000mAh (68 hours).
Both smartphones share the same processor and design language. Samsung says users should also expect the same capabilities, performance, and compatibility with Samsung’s ecosystem.
There’s no information on when the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G will be available in Malaysia, but we expect to know more when it launches tomorrow.