ABX Express will now be known as KEX Express after the company decided to undergo a recent rebranding exercise.
After the rebrand, the name KEX Express will be used for the logo in all materials – including for their storefronts nationwide as well as on the more than 2,500 trucks operating daily across the country.
This rebranding exercise is an important milestone for us, as it is a culmination of the part we play under the banner of Kerry Logistics Network (KLN), as well as its strategic investment and cooperation with SF Group last year. This combination gives KEX Express immediate access to KLN’s extensive global network and a full- fledged international express set of offerings with particular strength to China & Intra-Asia.KEX Express Malaysia Senior General Manager Richard Lui
KEX Express now offers international express delivery services to more than 225 countries from Malaysia, immediately available to existing credit account holders as well as walk-in customers at their retail branches nationwide.
Combining the experience we have garnered from serving Malaysians since 1984, with the wide network of the KLN Group, we at KEX Express aim to be the trusted logistics partner to all Malaysians, providing hassle-free and seamless express delivery services for all businesses, as well as for personal delivery needs to both local and international destinations.KEX Express Malaysia Senior General Manager Richard Lui
They have 700 service touchpoints nationwide, with over 3,000 employees serving the express delivery needs of Malaysians. At present, KEX Express has one of the widest coverage networks in East Malaysia within the express delivery industry.
As a company that constantly listens to our customers, KEX Express subscribes to a culture of openness to evolve and to innovate. This means that we would have to have our finger on the pulse of the needs of our customers at all times as we strive to embrace consistent operational excellence and efficiency in everything we do when serving our customers.KEX Express Malaysia Senior General Manager Richard Lui
Service consistency at KEX Express is highly correlated with asset investment in the company. According to Lui, the company has invested heavily in hub automation, IT infrastructure, and team expansions in the last five years.
At the moment, we provide customisation of services to our key customers. This is in line with our aim to consistently work with our customers as they grow their businesses. Moving forward, we at KEX Express will continue to identify, implement, and scale innovative ideas that meet customers’ changing needs and preferences.KEX Express Malaysia Senior General Manager Richard Lui
Lui mentioned that moving forward, KEX Express will focus on these 3 areas as part of its commitment to serve Malaysians better through its domestic express delivery services:-
- Digital Cash on Delivery (COD) and Digital Freight on Delivery (FOD)
- KEX Express is the first to introduce these cashless options within the local express delivery space.
- Digital COD enables the receiver of any parcel to make payment for the product using cashless payment upon the arrival of the parcel.
- Digital FOD, on the other hand, enables the receiver of any parcel to make payment for their shipping fee using cashless payment upon the arrival of the parcel.
- There is no minimum parcel quantity requirement for customers to choose this option of payment. All walk-in customers are welcome to use this offering at their nearest KEX Express store.
- Seller Centre
- The Seller Centre is an all-in-one shipping platform dedicated to sellers.
- It integrates KEX Express’ online shipping portal (Smartship Web) and customer service support to selected KEX Express account holders on matters related to their shipping needs (e.g. booking, parcel collection, label printing, shipment track and trace, and billing enquiries, etc).
- This is to enable a more seamless O2O (Online to Offline) experience for KEX Express clients.
- Route Optimisation
- KEX Express is in the process of optimising its fleet delivery routing system using algorithms and big data.
- Best delivery routes are calculated according to travel distance and traffic conditions using cloud technologies.
- This streamlines the route-planning process while providing more efficient and timely deliveries to KEX Express customers.
Incorporated in 1984 in East Malaysia, ABX Express is a homegrown brand that specialises in last-mile delivery within the domestic express market. In 2015, the company became part of Kerry Logistics Network (KLN), the largest Asia-based international logistics company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.