Recently, we covered the news that you can register as an organ donor through the MySejahtera app. The government wants to turn the app into a digital record of your health and body status, moving past its initial purpose since COVID is no longer the primary concern. This is good news for you, If you are a regular blood donor.
SoyaCincau reported that MySejahtera will be allowing blood donors to keep their blood donation records on the app, so you don’t have to carry the small red book with you anymore.
Health Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin had this to say:
Blood donors no longer need to bring their cards. Today, we issued digital cards but after more improvements, each time they donate blood, we will enter their record and they need not have to bring their red book with them anymore.
However, you can only get your digital blood donor card if you donate blood at one of the 22 blood donation centres in Malaysia. Only these 22 centres use the Blood Bank Information System Version 2 (BBISv2).
Here are the 22 blood centres that will issue the digital blood donor card:
- Pusat Darah Negara.
- Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah, Klang, Selangor.
- Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Bharu
- Hospital Sultanah Nora Ismail, Batu Pahat, Johor.
- Hospital Sultanah Bahiyah, Alor Setar, Kedah.
- Hospital Raja Perempuan Zainab II, Kelantan.
- Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, Ipoh, Perak.
- Hospital Taiping, Perak.
- Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah, Kuala Terengganu.
- Hospital Seberang Jaya, Pulau Pinang.
- Hospital Pulau Pinang.
- Hospital Miri, Sarawak
- Hospital Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah, Temerloh, Pahang.
- Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan, Kuantan, Pahang.
- Hospital Seri Manjung, Perak.
- Hospital Umum Sarawak.
- Hospital Sibu, Sarawak.
- Hospital Tawau, Sabah.
- Hospital Queen Elizabeth II, Sabah.
- Hospital Sandakan, Sabah.
- Hospital Melaka.
- Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
The Health Ministry said the list will be expanded in the future, so you don’t have to worry if your regular blood donation centre is not on the list yet.
If you have just donated blood at one of the centres listed above, your donation count will be updated every 24 hours from the time of your last blood donation. So, you just need to wait a day to see the updated record.
If you have donated blood in the past at other places not listed above, your record will not appear on the app. The MySejahtera’s FAQ said they are in the planning process for donation count data entry and further information will be updated from time to time.
Did you know you can get some privileges if you are a regular blood donor? You can get free outpatient treatment and first class medical treatment! To find out more about the privileges, go to this website.
You can go to MySejahtera’s FAQ if you want to know more about the digital blood donor card. Remember to update the app to the latest version if you are planning to go for blood donation at one of the centres.