MCMC: It Costs RM28 Billion To Provide Better Internet Experience For All

That is the cost of advancement if Malaysia hopes to have a robust digital economy ecosystem.
(credit: Malay Mail)

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.

Perhaps we can look forward to the day when we can complain less about the state of Malaysia’s Internet experience now that the Jendala project is ongoing.

According to Chief Operational Officer of the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC), Datuk Mohd Ali Hanafiah Mohd Yunus, the cost of implementing phase one of the Jalinan Digital Negara (Jendela) plan from 2020 to 2022 is estimated to be RM28 billion and commercial entities paid for 60% of the expenses, with the remaining 40% coming from the government via the Universal Service Provision Fund.

Our focus on Jendela is that the expenditure used for the implementation of the initiative would be via the private sector and government. We monitor each of these expenditures, in that they (private) have to deliver everything then only will they claim from the government. MCMC ensures everything is in good working order.

MCMC went down to the states and they want to know how much is spent for their state. We also have that breakdown and will also share with them because the state is the main stakeholder as they will be doing the rolling out (Jendela).

MCMC, Chief Operational Officer, Datuk Mohd Ali Hanafiah Mohd Yunus

As the nation transitions to 5G technology, Jendela is intended to offer more coverage and a higher internet quality experience for the general public. It will be implemented in two phases, Phase One from 2020 to 2022 and Phase Two from 2022 to 2025.

Share your thoughts with us via TechTRP's Facebook, Twitter and Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.

Previous Post

The Xiaomi 12S Leica Camera App Leaked & Works On Other Phones

Next Post

The Basics On The RM1,299 Vivo Y77 5G That Is Coming To Malaysia

Related Posts
Total
1
Share