Get ready for International Dance Day and burn off those bazaar feast and buffet calories all week with new Artist Spotlight sessions, Dance content, Artist Spotlight Dance workouts, and a new workout Collection on Apple Fitness+.
Starting today and leading up to International Dance Day on 29 April, Fitness+ is turning up the heat and pumping up the beat with Dance workout content that is designed to build your confidence, get you moving, and make you feel good.
New To The Menu
Start with Fitness+ dance trainer Ben Allen who will share a first-of-its-kind Artist Spotlight Dance workout set to the music of BTS.
The moves featured in this workout are taken directly from the choreography in BTS videos.
Learn the hottest moves and sweat it out to Butter (feat. Megan Thee Stallion), Dynamite, Boy With Luv (feat. Halsey), DNA, MIC Drop (Steve Aoki Remix), Permission to Dance, and Life Goes On.
Then step it up with LaShawn Jones’s Dance workout that will inspire you to move to upbeat anthems that will bring on a feeling of joy.
After that, turn up the heat and dance around the globe with Jhon Gonzalez, as he invites you to dance to tracks that celebrate traditional and powerful rhythms from different genres, including cumbia, tango, and Indian pop.
All three 20-minute workouts feature a new choreography for each song. Look out for Ben’s signature finisher, LaShawn’s unique dance moves, and Jhon’s fast pace that are sure to get your heart pumping, exercising, and put a smile on your face.
A Whole New Collection
Fitness+ is also unveiling a new workout Collection.
“Get into a Groove with Dance” starts with three 20-minute workouts from each of the Fitness+ Dance trainers to “Get on the Dance Floor.”
As you gain confidence, move up to “Take Center Stage” with three 30-minute performance-based workouts.
The workouts include ’80s classics, hip-hop chart-toppers, and Latin music from around the world.
Collections, introduced in January, are curated series of workouts – and meditations – from the Fitness+ library organised to help users reach their goals.
Earn That Award
If you need some motivation to work out in the privacy of your own home and on your own time, on 29 April, you can get yourself a limited-edition award and animated stickers for Messages for completing any Dance workout of 20 minutes.
Unlike NFTs, these fitness awards can’t be bought and once it is gone, it is gone.
To help you out Fitness+ is featuring a special section of Dance workouts. It includes six 20-minute workouts across Latin Grooves, Upbeat Anthems, Throwback Hits, and Hip-Hop/R&B playlists.
Don’t Feel Like Dancing?
For those who prefer other types of workouts, there’s the Fitness+ Artist Spotlight series.
This week, users can dance to ABBA, Do a HIIT workout to BTS, or do a Strength workout to Queen.
Since the series returned on 18 April new Artist Spotlight workouts are added every Monday. Previous Artist Spotlight workouts featured music by Alicia Keys, the Beatles, Calvin Harris, Ed Sheeran, Imagine Dragons, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj, Pharrell Williams, Shakira, and more.
Pricing & Availability
- Fitness+ is available as a subscription service for RM 19.90 per month or RM 119.90 per year.
- Fitness+ is included in the Apple One Premier plan, which includes access to Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and iCloud+ with 2TB of storage for RM 69.90 per month, and can be shared among six family members.
- Three months of Apple Fitness+ are included with the purchase of the Apple Watch Series 3 or later, and one month of Fitness+ is included for existing Apple Watch users.
- Fitness+ can be shared among up to six family members for the same price.
- Fitness+ requires an Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 7.2, and is available when paired with an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14.3.
- To get the newest features, use Fitness+ with Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 8.3, paired with iPhone 6s or later with iOS 15.2; iPad with iPadOS 15.2; or Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with tvOS 15.2.