Volvo Car Malaysia recently introduced the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric to the Malaysian market. The move marks the company’s first step in its journey to go all-electric globally by 2030.
Volvo Car Malaysia is ready to implement Volvo’s global plan for a fully electric line-up by 2030, starting with the launch of the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric today. The XC40 Recharge Pure Electric is just one of our many steps to encourage consumers to adopt electric vehicles for a more sustainable future.
By mid-decade, we’re aiming to reduce our overall CO2 lifecycle emissions per car by 40 per cent. This means more than simply reducing tailpipe emissions – electrification is not enough. We must reduce CO2 emissions across our operations and supply chain.Volvo Car Malaysia managing director, Charles Frump.
The XC40 Recharge Pure Electric is based on the XC40 small premium SUV. It features a fully electric all-wheel-drive powertrain that offers a range of up to 418 km on a single charge.
For the Malaysian market, the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric is locally assembled.
Volvo will also export fully electric vehicles to markets within the ASEAN region from Malaysia, soon.
The Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric will be available for viewing at all authorised Volvo dealers in Malaysia from 4 April.
Deliveries of the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric will start from the end of April 2022 onwards for all locations throughout Malaysia.
Interested buyers can book a test drive through www.volvocars.com/my or contact any Volvo authorised dealer to experience the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric.
Currently, Volvo is the only automotive maker in Malaysia that has a full range of locally assembled (CKD) Plug-in Hybrids.
Meanwhile, Frump also made these announcements during the launch of the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric:
- Volvo Car Malaysia aims to become the leading electric luxury car brand in Malaysia.
- Volvo Car Malaysia will launch one new electric vehicle (EV) every year beginning this year.
- Volvo Car Malaysia is the first luxury car brand in the country to locally assemble EVs in the form of a CKD unit.
- The XC40 Recharge Pure Electric is Volvo’s first EV in Malaysia.
- Price of the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric will be announced on 4 April. It will be available for booking on the same day
- Hassle-free price across Malaysia for the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric.