Apple today introduced the new iPad Air with the Apple-designed M1 chip. Available in a new array of colours, iPad Air also features the new Ultra Wide front camera with Centre Stage, a USB-C port with up to 2x faster transfer speeds, and 5G on cellular models.
Whether it’s a college student taking elaborate notes, a content creator working on their latest project, or a gamer playing graphics-intensive titles, users love iPad Air for its amazing performance and versatility in such a portable design.
With the breakthrough M1 chip, Ultra Wide front camera with Centre Stage, and ultra-fast 5G, iPad Air is now more powerful, more capable, and simply more fun than ever.Apple’s Worldwide Marketing senior vice president, Greg Joswiak.
The M1 chip in iPad Air delivers a giant performance boost to even the most demanding apps and workflows.
The 8-core CPU delivers up to 60 percent faster performance, and the 8-core GPU delivers up to 2x faster graphics performance compared to the previous iPad Air.
Combined with the CPU and GPU, a 16-core Neural Engine powers advanced machine learning (ML) functions that enable next-level experiences.
From editing multiple streams of 4K video, to playing graphics-intensive games, redesigning a room in 3D, and more realistic augmented reality (AR), the performance of M1 enables users to do more than ever with iPad Air.
12MP Front & Back & Centre Stage
The Ultra Wide 12MP front camera with Centre Stage automatically pans to keep users in view as they move around.
When others join in, the camera detects them and zooms out to include them in the conversation.
With the addition of Centre Stage to iPad Air, all iPad models now feature this experience.
The 12MP Wide camera on the back of iPad Air lets users capture photos and 4K video, scan documents, and enjoy AR experiences.
It is an end-to-end solution for photo and video capture, editing, and sharing.
5G & Connectivity
With 5G, iPad Air can reach peak speeds of up to 3.5Gbps in ideal conditions. It uses eSIM and has Wi-Fi 6 support.
The USB-C port is now up to 2x faster than the previous generation, with data transfers up to 10Gbps.
The port connects iPad Air to a vast ecosystem of USB-C accessories, including cameras, external storage, and displays with up to 6K resolution.
Liquid Retina Display & Touch ID
The new iPad Air comes in a gorgeous array of colours: space grey, starlight, pink, purple, and a new blue.
iPad Air features a 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display with 3.8 million pixels and advanced technologies, including 500 nits of brightness, full lamination, a P3 wide colour gamut, True Tone®, and an anti-reflective screen coating.
It also has landscape stereo speakers and Touch ID.
The new iPad Air is compatible with:
- Apple Pencil (2nd generation).
- Magic Keyboard.
- Smart Keyboard Folio.
- Smart Folio covers.
- Electric orange.
- Dark cherry.
- English lavender.
- Marine blue.
iPad Air & the Environment
iPad Air features a 100 percent recycled aluminium enclosure, 100 percent recycled tin in the solder of the main logic board, and 100 percent recycled rare earth elements in the enclosure and audio magnets.
Pricing & Availability
- The new iPad Air is available to order soon from apple.com/my/store and in the Apple Store® app.
- Wi-Fi models of iPad Air are available with a starting price of RM2,699 and Wi-Fi + Cellular models start at RM3,349. The new iPad Air, in 64GB and 256GB configurations, comes in space grey, starlight, pink, purple, and blue finishes.
- iPadOS 15, the powerful operating system designed specifically for iPad, ships for free with the new iPad Air. iPadOS 15 is available as a free software update for iPad Air 2 and later.
- Education pricing is available to current and newly accepted college students and their parents, as well as faculty and staff of all grade levels. The new iPad Air starts at RM2,479. The second-generation Apple Pencil is available for RM509, the Smart Keyboard Folio is available for RM679, and the Magic Keyboard for college students at RM1,259. For more information, visit apple.com/my/education.
- Apple Pencil (2nd generation), available for purchase separately, is compatible with the new iPad Air for RM549.
- Magic Keyboard for the new iPad Air is available in black and white for RM1,349, with layouts for over 30 languages.
- The Smart Keyboard Folio for the new iPad Air is available for RM769.
- The Smart Folio for the new iPad Air is available for RM329 in black, white, electric orange, dark cherry, English lavender, and marine blue.
- Engrave iPad with a meaningful mix of emoji, names, initials, and numbers, all for free, available only at apple.com/my/store or in the Apple Store app.
- Apple provides customers with a number of services in store and online. From personalised support and advice from Apple Specialists to convenient delivery and pickup options, Apple ensures the best way to buy Apple products is from Apple Store locations and apple.com/my/store.