TikTok announced that they are giving users more editing features when crafting their videos.
Not only that, the company has also announced changes in the recommendation algorithm that should improve content engagement.
What TikTok users are most excited about is the app will let users upload in 1080p, a feature that will be available in select countries for now.
TikTok have yet to specify which countries are set to receive this update.
They can share their content in that resolution by switching on the Upload HD setting in the More Options section of the publish page.
GIFs In Green Screen
TikTok’s Green Screen effect is also getting an upgrade with a GIPHY integration that now lets users put GIFs behind them which enables more creative content creation.
This is how users can implement GIFs in TikTok’s Green Screen;
- Launch the app and tap on the plus (+) icon at the bottom of the screen to record a video.
- Tap on the Effects button located on the bottom left of the screen.
- On the Trending tab, tap on the Green Screen Effect.
- After that, a bar shows up with a plus (+) icon, a GIPHY icon and Image icon. Tap on the GIPHY icon.
- After that just add GIFs to your video’s green screen.
The video sharing app is also improving how videos will look with the new Visual Enhancement button which will automatically adjust the exposure and colour correct with a single tap.
Users can use the new tool after recording their video, and the button will be available on the right side panel.
If the adjustments are not to their liking, tapping the button again will undo the adjustments.
Finally, TikTok is letting users change their voice or other sounds to any animal or instrument sound.
The Voice Effect feature will let users sound like a cat, a flute or a Chinese double reed horn.