The Sustainable Achieved Via Energy Efficiency (SAVE) 3.0 program will grant up to RM400 in e-rebate to households that purchase energy efficient appliances with a 4 or 5 star energy efficient rating.
Qualified appliances includes refrigerators, air conditioners, TVs, microwave ovens, washing machines, and rice cookers.
SAVE 3.0 Program
SAVE 3.0 is a continuation of last year’s SAVE 2.0 program. It is implemented throughout 2022.
The objective, which is to increase the number of energy efficient appliances in the market and to encourage households to buy them, is still the same.
However, the mechanism has changed a little.
This time the appliances are divided into two categories:
- Category 1: air-conditioners and refrigeration units for up to RM200 in rebates.
- Category 2: TVs and washing machines with a rebate of RM200, microwave ovens with a rebate of RM100, and rice cookers with a rebate of of RM50.
Also, to qualify for this program, you must be a Malaysian citizen, a customer of a domestic electric utility company, and your name is the one the electricity bill (such as TNB).
Each electricity bill is eligible for only 1 e-rebate for each category on a first-come first serve basis.
Those who have participated in the SAVE 2.0 program are not eligible for the Category 1 rebate in SAVE 3.0.
How To Apply
There are two ways to apply for the rebate: Purchase directly from a registered electrical appliance retailers and online through shopping platforms like Shopee or Lazada.
1. Buying From A Registered Retailers
- Purchase electrical appliances from any of the SAVE 3.0 retailers listed here.
- Bring along your recent electricity bills and your NRIC.
- The retailer will check your eligibility and apply the e-rebate.
2. Buying From An Online Shopping Platform
SAVE 3.0 is available on Lazada, PG Mall, and Shopee.
Each online shopping platform has its own method of applying for the e-rebate, however the basic mechanism is the same.
Qualified appliances on all three platform are tagged accordingly. When you’ve picked the appliance you’d like to purchase you purchase one of these items chat with the seller and request for the SAVE 3.0 voucher.
They will require your personal information like NIRC number and electric bill number to check your eligibility. You will receive a voucher once approved.
You can then use the voucher on your purchase.