The winners of the third annual Apple Music Awards were announced today.
The award honours achievements in music across five distinct categories — Artist of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, Breakthrough Artist of the Year, Top Song of the Year, and Top Album of the Year.
This year, Apple Music Awards will also recognise regional artists with the Regional Artist of the Year category for Africa, France, Germany, Japan, and Russia.
While the global winners are picked based on both Apple Music’s editorial perspective and what customers around the world are listening to the most, the regional artists are picked based on their cultural impact culturally and on the charts in their respective countries and regions.
The Apple Music Awards celebration starts on Tuesday, 7 Dec, 2021, with interviews, original content, and more.
All of it will be streamed worldwide on Apple Music and the Apple TV app.
Music fans who are not already subscribed to Apple Music can sign up for a three-month free trial at apple.com/apple-music.
Here Are The List of Winners:
- Global Artist of the Year: The Weeknd.
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year: Olivia Rodrigo.
- Songwriter of the Year: H.E.R.
- Artist of the Year (Africa): Wizkid
- Artist of the Year (France): Aya Nakamura
- Artist of the Year (Germany): RIN
- Artist of the Year (Japan): OFFICIAL HIGE DANDISM
- Artist of the Year (Russia): Scriptonite